Star Rating: 3.5 / 5
I chose this book because I found the subject matter to be quite interesting. A Law From Eden is determined to break down and decipher parts of the Bible that may be confusing or controversial to some people. As most of us know, the Bible is not the easiest book to read, and despite being someone who grew up in a Christian household that went to church on Sundays and most major holidays, I still had very little understanding of the complex writings of the Bible. I enjoyed the Bible stories in Sunday school, as well as what my family and I would discuss at home, but this book touches on so much more than Noah’s ark and David and Goliath. It talks about topics that may be taboo in certain parts of the world.
The first part of the book delves into Adam and Eve and what is known as Original Sin. The author defines for the reader what the sex of Sodom and Gomorrah is and what the Bible says about different types of sex, including homosexuality. This book is for the more mature reader of the Bible who would like to discuss topics such as these.
The second part of the book deals with light versus darkness. The author proceeds to explain what many of the key terms of the Bible mean, including wickedness, deceit, and inventors of evil things. This part of the book was particularly interesting because it speaks about mercy and compassion for those who have given in to evil. It also talks about the church and its failures. It speaks about how many ministers are disillusioned and actually very lost souls themselves. Judgment Day is coming and the only one who can truly judge is Jesus. The author quotes many verses of the Bible so that the reader understands what “the world” is in terms of the Bible. Basically, the end of the world means the end of unnatural sex (described in this book as oral and anal sex).
The third part of the book speaks of Law and again uses Bible verses to help the reader understand the meaning of this word as it is used in the Book. It also speaks about several of the Ten Commandments and digs deeper into their meaning.
A Law of Eden considers very heavy subject matter. It took me a while to finish because each chapter was very thought provoking. Many of the ideas in the book could be considered controversial, yet they make great topics of discussion for a more mature Bible group. Recommended for those who love studying and interpreting the Bible.
Reviewed by Kristi Elizabeth
OUR STAR RATING SYSTEM
1 star: Reviewer wouldn’t recommend this book at all.
2 stars: Reviewer wouldn’t read it again. Needs work.
3 stars: Reviewer enjoyed the book.
4 stars: Reviewer liked and would recommend the book to friends/family.
5 stars: Reviewer considers the book to be something that everyone should read. Reviewer would definitely read it again.
GETTING THIS REVIEW ONTO AMAZON
It is against Amazon.com’s policy to allow us to post our reviews to their website. However, here is a great article on setting up and maintaining your Amazon Book Page: https://citybookreview.com/making-amazon-book-page-shine/>
TAG YOUR BOOK REVIEW ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter@sfbookreview or @booksmanhattan or @kidsbookbuzz
Facebook @sanfranciscobookreview or @Manhattan-Book-Review, @seattlebookreview, or @cbrkidsbookbuzz
Google+, tag +sanfranciscobookreview or +KidsBookBuzzReviews
CROSS-POST YOUR REVIEW:
Happy with your review? Cross Post it to one of our other book review websites:
Or get a second, unique review from one of our other publications:
• San Francisco Book Review
• Tulsa Book Review
• Seattle Book Review
• Manhattan Book Review
• Kids’ BookBuzz
SELL MORE BOOKS WITH OUR OTHER SERVICES:
• Advertise: Reach thousands of readers by advertising your book on one of our websites for 30 days. Click HERE for our web advertising rates. Advertising on our social media accounts reaches even more readers than our websites.
• Website Ad: Reach thousands of readers by advertising your book for 30 days. Click HERE for our web advertising rates.
• Author Highlight: Underneath your review, have your headshot, bio, and links to your website and social media. SEE SAMPLE.
• Send out a Press Release: We can send out your review as a press release. MORE info.
• Sponsor BookBuzz, a weekly email reaching thousands of avid readers. Click HERE for information.
• Book Cover Design Services: Have our team redesign your book cover. MORE INFO
• Optimize Your Website: Is your website coded to reach the first page of search engines? Most aren’t. You’re missing out on more book sales, but we can help you achieve your goals. Click HERE for information on how our experts can SEO your website.
• Reach Hundreds of Book Bloggers: You’ve either already had us review your book or you’re waiting on the review to come in. Getting your book reviewed and noticed is an ongoing project. It shouldn’t stop after our review(s). One or two reviews don’t lead to hundreds more. You need to keep reaching out to media outlets and book reviewers week after week, getting attention for your book – or books. we have access to hundreds of online book reviewers whom we can share your book information with. Some of them may choose to review your book directly, others may just republish our review or link back to it for their online readers to see. Your one review with us could end up being used 100 times on other book blogs and websites. We’ll send out an email to all the book bloggers who we know will be receptive to your genre of books, along with our review of your book and your contact info. Bloggers who are interested will either use our review on their blog or request a copy of your book directly and do a new review of it. With the hundreds of blogs we work with and monitor, we can guarantee that many of them will respond to our outreach. Each of these posts will include a link to our review of your book, a link to purchase your book on Amazon, and a link to your website if you have one.
Each of these book bloggers has their own readers and followers. So, each new post about your book can bring in a new audience of hundreds or thousands of new readers each month. And readers of these blogs can share these posts easily on their own blogs, bringing out a network effect of more people seeing your books.
Instead of spending hours of your own time tracking down each book reviewer on their own, let us do it for you. Click HERE to order.
CREATE A VIDEO OF YOUR REVIEWS
Did you know that 70% of internet searches are now being done on YouTube? Having a book review (or even a book trailer) video there for your book increases the chances of someone buying your book. We offer affordable packages. INFO
MARKET YOUR REVIEW
Have a book signing coming up? Want to display your review in your office or home? We can design an 8×10 or 11×17 formatted review for you to have printed (such as FedEx Kinkos, Office Max, or any store that provides large-format printing). Click here to purchase.
City Book Review
3201 Norris Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95821